The Switch version of the otome visual novel Princess Arthur will launch on May 25 in Japan for 7,150 eyn, publisher Idea Factory announced.
A 9,350 yen special edition will also be available, which includes a special booklet and set of six character message cards.
Pre-orders for either edition include a reprint of the art book originally included with the limited edition of the 2013-released PSP version.
Princess Arthur first launched for PSP on March 28, 2013 in Japan. An English version was released for iOS and Android on September 29, 2016, but is no longer available.
Here is an overview of the game, via the no-longer-live store pages for the iOS and Android versions:
One king left this world.
In this realm, where kings have traditionally been chosen by the Holy Sword, it came time to hold a new Choosing.
Out of the many people who sought to draw the Sword, only one succeeded.
A peasant girl, neither knight nor royalty.
The girl remains confused about everything, but the legendary wizard Merlin persuades her to take up the crown. Then she meets the Knights of the Round Table.
The girl sets out to battle for the first time in her life.
She grips the Sword tightly in hand, still not knowing why it chose her. Tears are in her eyes.
The girl learns what love truly is.
The threads of fate twist around her, but through it all, she holds love dear in her heart for one man.
The girl takes up the Sword…
…the Sword that will allow her to cut a path for her beloved’s destiny.
- Lancelot – Strongest of all and gentle.
- You are the one whom the leader of the Round Table fell in love with.
- Discover true love with the Strongest of Knights!
- “With this… I can always carry on winning for your sake.”
- Gawain – Passionate and earnest.
- Indulge yourself in his passion as he sets fire to your heart.
- Find love with this earnest knight!
- “I’ll have to beat everything, if I want to keep anyone from laying a finger on you.”
- Tristan – Experienced and mature.
- Soak in mellow romance with this mature knight.
- A beautiful ending awaits you!
- “You hardly know the first thing about me, just as I barely know you.”
- Galahad – Exceptional and tsundere.
- He’ll know what love is because of you, the only one he’ll ever need.
- Fall in love with the prodigy knight!
- “Where’s the fun in learning about someone else, really?”
- Mordred – Mysterious and yandere.
- You’ll be caught in his love trap, his sweet poison melting your heart.
- See the real side of the mysterious knight!
- “Rest assured, I won’t expect you to wake up tomorrow loving me.”
- Merlin – Legendary and playful.
- The Legendary Wizard enchants you with his charm.
- Cast a love spell, make him go crazy for you!
- “If you won’t run, I’ll just pin you down on the floor right here and now, you know.”
- Many beautifully illustrated graphics in Japanese anime style, alluring soundtracks and motion effects bring you a vivid, lifelike experience of Camelot.
- Multiple endings for each character’s romance story; they will vary depending on the course of actions in your gameplay.